Monday, May 19, 2014

Security, Shipping and Special Events

Today, I made my way back into Ballpark Operations and spent the day at a few locations.  Upon arriving, I made my way underneath the stadium and to Seth Cooper's office where he took me over to Dave who is runs security.  Dave provided me with a background on all of the camera's in the stadium and that they plan to add about 60 more in the upcoming months in order to cover the upper levels of the stadium.  After, Dave sent me off with the Rolling Guard whose job is to cover the entire stadium on the look out for any safety hazards or other issues.  Him and I made our way through the Terrace Club, the suites, the bullpens, and out onto the warning track in order to make sure that what needed to be locked was locked, unlocked was unlocked, and that there were no major issues in any certain area.  Once we made our way back to security, I was sent over to another man named Omar and his assistant.  Here, we started off by finishing sorting the mail and then began helping FedEx and UPS unload their deliveries and moving them to where they needed to be.  Omar also makes sure that security is where they need to be and that any and all special events are taken care off.  After all the shipments were taken care of, I went for lunch.  Coming back, Omar, Seth, and I were in a conference call regarding a Jason Aldean concert that is happening in July.  During this time they went over basic logistics of constructing the stage, where the buses and semi trucks were staying, the workers that the tour had, along with when and how everything was going to be carried out.  Shortly after the call ended, it was my time to go.

Pardon the finger that crept into the photo, but this was when I made my way across the warning track and checked out the bullpens for each team.

No comments:

Post a Comment