Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Back At It

Today was much the same as the last few.  As I will be spending the rest of my time here at Progressive field in the DC, that’s Distribution Center for those of you who aren’t down with the lingo.  Anyways, I started my morning off opening and taking inventory on shipments that came in last week.  The hundreds of hats and shirts that came in were a little overwhelming at first; however the squad kept me going and helped me out so we could each chow down on a delicious lunch. 


This afternoon was a little different.  After devouring my homemade sandwich, four-cheese cheez-its and other delectable goods, Todd, Chris and I brought in a new a few pallets from the dock of more merchandise.  I had never seen how the entire process is done.  We started off by taking each box off of the pallets and writing out the PO numbers on the side.  We then grouped each PO number and brought them into the shop and onto the rollers, each PO grouped together.  Then, we went through and documented how many packages in each PO, how they arrived (i.e. FedEx Ground, overnight, UPS, etc.) and went to the computer to input all of the shipments and turn them out as receipts.  The system documents all of the orders and allows us to cross check each piece should there be a problem.  Overall, it was another interesting day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment