Wednesday, May 28, 2014

A Twist on Wednesday

Today was very different.  I arrived at the Distribution Center to a surprise.  Clearly some of the concepts of school live on in the ballpark.  I, two other interns from different areas of the stadium and the rest of the distribution center made our way down to The Cleveland Clinic and took a tour of their distribution center.  Look, I never thought I could get so excited about a DC, but The Cleveland Clinic straight up has robots running around doing the majority of their work.  I can’t make this up.  It’s also gigantic and spans over a few blocks downtown beginning on 89th street and ending around 93rd street.  The way it works is all through technology.  There are magnets in floor and every location they are sent to is done through computers.  We also stopped in at their loading dock where they have fifteen loading stations, 3 of which only deal in bringing in perishable goods such as vaccines and medications.  After the tour, we made our way back to the stadium where Senora Botella came for a visit.  I gave her a quick tour of what the stadium looks like underneath, ventured into the batting cages for a quick look, into the Indians clubhouse, and made our way down to the DC but first stopped to try and find "Sly" Seth Cooper who was nowhere to be seen.  Her and I talked to boss-man Robert, and then finished things up.  After that, I was called upstairs into a conference room to participate in a mock interview which allowed the interviewers to finalize questions they want to ask and it gave me some practice.  Another good day at the work place. 
A segment of the DC at The Cleveland Clinic.

Two of  the dozens of robots that run around the DC.

No comments:

Post a Comment