Wednesday, June 4, 2014

It's Been Real

As I made my way through the main lobby one last time and down through the elevator, past fan services, and then down the long, 1/3 of a mile tunnel, I reflected on my time spent in the stadium.  But, my reflecting was short lived as I stepped into the DC once more.  Today was a little bit different as the guys had already finished the picking by the time I arrived.  Red bull enthusiast and assistant boss-man Justin Rhoads even jumped in on the order as we received more than 3,000 hats in the morning alone.  What y’all know about hats?  Boxes and hats were flying everywhere.  Not really, but there were a lot of hats, and boxes.  After finishing the monstrous order I went off for my last lunch and was surprised when I turned into the break room to find a few dozen people preparing dogs for dollar dog night.  My lord, there were a lot of dogs flowing in and out of the room.  In fact, there were so many that I had to travel back to the DC in order to sit down and eat.  After lunch, we took on a horrific 25 box order which consisted of somewhere around a thousand baseballs of all different colors and textures.  Ticketing each one of them was tedious, but I moved faster through it than Chris going to check the Orioles game, even though we all know that they are losing.  We finished this order just in time for me to go.  I bid Bob, Justin and guys in the DC adieu and then stopped by “Sly” Seth Cooper’s office to thank him for the opportunity.  I still never saw Big Papi. 

It was a great project,

Keep it tight.


No comments:

Post a Comment