Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Final Blog Thingy

Today I was able to explore Dr. Calabro’s wet lab. He showed me how he made his lowest concentration of patented gel. It was very smooth and made my skin feel so soft. He told me it was the kind of material used in makeup because it loves water. It has many other uses though, such as cartilage or tissue.
Overall the project showed me how broad the field of Biomedical Engineering is, and how much you can do with a degree in that field. Although it did not encourage me to get a BME degree, rather to get a mechanical or chemical engineering degree and the get my master in something similar. Very few of the Biomedical Engineers I met over the course of this project actually had Biomedical engineering degrees. It was a fun project and I learned a lot more than I would have about the field I want to go into sitting in a classroom all day.

Thank you to all the people who helped me in this project and especially Dr. Calabro for sponsoring me through the whole project.

No comments:

Post a Comment